Monday, January 16, 2023

Lunching With Mark At Chez Subway


I had lunch with my friend Mark, seen in the photograph above, this past Saturday at Chez Subway, an amusing little bistro located on Leetsdale Drive here in Denver. Mark is doing well, and things are going good at his job at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (the library). He and his brother Mike recently got back from a one-day trip to visit a friend who lives near Lamar, Colorado, a town in southeast Colorado dangerously close to both Kansas and the Oklahoma Panhandle (site of the Dust Bowl back in the 1930s). Mark really likes both Lamar and the countryside around it, and enjoyed the road trip very much. I myself have driven through eastern Colorado on the way to both Chicago and Stuart, Florida and find it very very ugly, but that's just me. Mark and his brother will also be visiting Maui, along with their parents, in the next few months, but before then I will need to give Mark a warning - Maui is no Lamar.

No comments:

Post a Comment