Monday, July 22, 2013

Catching The Cubs At Coors Field


My friend Stuart (see photograph above) and I went to Coors Field yesterday afternoon to watch the Chicago Cubs play the Colorado Rockies.  These two teams are very evenly matched this season (by which I mean pretty damn mediocre), and so it was a close and exciting game until the last pitch.  And the Rockies won, I am happy to report. Before we left for the game, I saw a bi-plane towing a banner over the University of Denver campus advertising an insurance company whose spokesperson happens to be a lizard. I was truly surprised that the plane didn't fly over Coors Field during the game.  I mentioned this to Stuart, and he began waxing nostalgic about bi-planes.  I guess Stuart must be a lot older than I thought, which is really saying something. Were you able to avoid military service during WWII, Stuart?  

No comments:

Post a Comment