Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sunday Afternoon With Val


After biking Sunday morning with fellow cyclists Jim and Darrel (see yesterday's post), I went to the Farmer's Market in Old Town Arvada with Valarie, current Office Manager for The Action Center of Jefferson County and former Operations Manager of the DU Bookstore.  It was a very pleasant afternoon, and after lunch we caught the movie White House Down.  It was an exciting movie, very well done, and clearly showed what the Secret Service was afraid of when it denied me a White House tour several years ago.  However, I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not the new Hunter S. Thompson.  I think the Secret Service is still bitter about all those snide comments I made about them on this Blog when one of the Presidential debates took place at the University of Denver, just across the street from my condo.  I was just kidding, guys.  Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment