Friday, July 19, 2013

Driving Around With Susan And George


My sister Susan and brother-in-law George drove down to Denver from Fort Collins last Saturday to pay a visit.  We went to the Mark Rothko exhibit at the Denver Art Museum and then had dinner at Kaos, a beer garden / pizza restaurant on old South Pearl Street.  Whenever Susan and George come to town, I can't help but notice that they refuse to ride in my car, a late model 1987 Honda Civic.  I always wind up riding around the city in their back seat.  Granted, my car has no air conditioning, no radio, and makes some fascinating sounds, but it is definitely safe and reliable, even if the body needs a paint job.   I actually tried to restore the car's finish with a product from Turtle Wax yesterday, but it wound up taking the paint off instead of restoring it. On the bright side, the finish is now much more consistent. Consistency is good, right? Whenever I drive down the street, I see people staring at my car, obviously green with envy.  Time to buy those classic license plates!

No comments:

Post a Comment