Sunday, July 14, 2013

Experiencing Kaos With Susan And George


I went to the Denver Art Museum (The DAM) with my sister Susan and brother-in-law George yesterday afternoon to see the Mark Rothko exhibit.  The Rothko paintings were excellent, although both my sister and I noticed that security was pretty intense.  Susan claims that one of the guards was following us the entire time we were in the gallery.  Maybe it made them nervous whenever Susan remarked to me that a particular painting would look good over my sofa.  Or perhaps we just fit the classic profile of art thieves.  Regardless, once we finished viewing the exhibit, Susan and George were so overwhelmed by the experience that they had to go to the Kaos Beer Garden immediately to recover, which we did (see photograph above).  I for one will never stand in the way if emergency measures need to be taken.  Viewing art can be a truly draining experience, but nothing a little beer and pizza won't fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment