Sunday, July 28, 2013

Dinner With Linda And Wally!


Linda and Wally invited me to their house for steak dinner Friday night.   Dinner was served on their backyard patio, and it was both a delightful evening and a great meal.  Wally and Linda have just returned from a trip to Cape Cod to visit family.  Linda is looking forward to going back to work at the Denver Public Schools, while Wally - still working at the DU Bookstore - is spending his days unloading hundreds of boxes of law textbooks, in preparation for the start of the Fall Semester at DU's Sturm College of Law.  And I - who, as regular Blog readers know, no longer works at the DU Bookstore - spent the day looking for wildlife at the Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge.  I saw exactly two rabbits (one of which I almost ran over) and one chipmunk.  I have seen more wildlife from the balcony of my South Central Denver condo.  It is claimed by the government that there are coyotes, deer, bison, bald eagles, abominable snowmen, and all other manor of wildlife on the refuge, but I think that is all a lie.  The place used to be a chemical weapons plant.  My personal belief is that just one drink of the water out there and it is bye bye Bambi.  I am such a cynic.

No comments:

Post a Comment