Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Missing Stuart Beach


Although today is an exception, it is starting to get cold here in Denver, and we are getting a little bit of snow once in a while, too.  Working at a part-time job out-of-doors, I am really beginning to notice the change of seasons and am very much missing the beach in Stuart, Florida, where my mother lived for over 30 years. The above photograph shows my mother (on the left) and my sister (on the right) trying to look jolly for the camera one hot August day at the beach many years ago.  My sister and I still own my late mother's condo, but we rent it out, and the tenant does not seem enthused about us dropping in once in a while for a week or two.  One thing I noticed when we were down there, however, is how many people who live in Stuart have not been to the beach in years. My mother would only go when we visited.  I guess they feel the beach will always be around if they want to go, but the problem is, perhaps they won't be.  I am just beginning to realize that for all of us, it is later than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment