Friday, November 8, 2013

The Little Red Book


I burn a lot of calories at my part-time job, and as a result have lost 20 pounds over the past 4 months. However, on the days I don't work, my weight balloons.  Therefore, I dug out "The Little Red Book," my father's old calorie counting guide, to watch my calories on my days off.  And yes, I think the book was written by Chairman Mao, but I digress.  My father (seen in the photograph above with my mother during the late 1970s), bought the book to try and reduce his weight after my sister told him that people were mistaking him for Sidney Greenstreet, the "Fat Man" in the movie The Maltese Falcon.  His dieting results were mixed, but I am going to use the book anyway just to make sure the family gets its monies worth out of this 35 cent volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment