Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pizza At The Bonnie Brae


I took the above photograph of my friend and former DU Bookstore colleague Wally and his wife Linda at the the Bonnie Brae Tavern Friday night, where we shared an excellent pizza.  The Bonnie Brae Tavern has been around South Denver since the 1950s, and still serves great food, even if the decor hasn't changed since the place opened.  No problem - I liked the 50s! Wally and I were originally just going to have a couple of beers at Jordan's, right across the street from the University of Denver, but Linda stopped by, rounded us up, and drove us to the Bonnie Brae.  I think Linda was worried about all the trouble Wally and I would have gotten into if she didn't intervene, and intervene quickly.  We are, after all, two wild and crazy guys.  Well, at least crazy, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment