Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Passport To Paris!


The Denver Art Museum is currently hosting an exhibition called "Passport to Paris," a showing of impressionist paintings from the collections of the Denver Art Museum and philanthropist Frederick C. Hamilton.  People are flocking to the museum to see it.  One of my Christmas gifts to my sister Susan and brother-in-law George this year will be tickets to the exhibition, hopefully on New Year's Eve or Day.  I remember years ago the three of us - along with my mother Mary - went to a similar exhibition of impressionist paintings at the DAM.  One of the featured paintings then was Renoir's "Luncheon of the Boating Party."  I still remember my sister Susan remarking that she thought the paintings on her Renoir calendar seemed much more vibrant to her than the originals.  Wow!  Talk about insight!  Good old Frederick C. Hamilton could have saved millions just by going onto www.calendars.com.  Where was the internet when he needed it?

No comments:

Post a Comment