Friday, November 1, 2013

Ole' Chipmunk Cheeks


We end Halloween Week with a photograph of my friend and former DU Bookstore colleague Wally, taken one Halloween several years ago at the DU Bookstore.  Back then many of the employees used to dress up in costume every Halloween, and there was a kind of party atmosphere there the entire day.  The last Halloween I worked at the store before it was outsourced, we had our quarterly meeting with the Vice Chancellor of Business and Finance scheduled for that day.  I suggested to the other members of the management team that we go in costume.  As Finance Manager, I would of course have gone as the Court Jester.  I am convinced I would have been very effective reporting on status of the Bookstore's finances in that costume. However, everyone refused.  Just like that.  Those party poopers.

No comments:

Post a Comment