Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Final Friday Night At Jordan's Irish Pub


I met my friend and former DU Bookstore colleague Wally for pizza and beer at Jordan's Irish Pub, just across from the University of Denver campus, yesterday evening. It will be the last time we get together there, since the place will be closing down after this Sunday.  Like the Tattered Cover Bookstore in the Cherry Creek neighborhood here in Denver, the landlord raised the rent so high that the place can no longer survive in its current location.  I suggested to Wally that he ask his wife Linda for the checkbook tonight, so we could make an offer for the place and save it, but she was evidently too wily for this idea and refused. What a bummer!  I was hoping Wally and Linda would be the money people and I would be the idea person, but it wasn't to be.  Seems hardly fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment