Saturday, April 26, 2014

Churchill's Public House


As befits our "jet set" image, Mark (on the left in the photograph above), Wally (on the right), and I had dinner last night at Churchill's Public House in Denver's super cool Lower Highlands neighborhood.  Mark works at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (aka the library) and Wally still works at the University of Denver Bookstore, where I myself toiled for 30 years.  Churchill's Public House has all kinds of Churchill memorabilia and quotes along the walls throughout the place, although I must say the music was a bit loud for the older jet setter.  I guess they are trying to attract the young, more hip Churchill fanatic, of whom I am sure there are many in that neighborhood.  I can't wait for the Churchill look-a-like contest, which I am sure is coming up soon.  Good luck with that, Wally!

No comments:

Post a Comment