Thursday, April 24, 2014

Walking The Camino - A Movie Review


I went to see Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago - a documentary film about the famous pilgrimage route to Santiago, Spain - last Sunday at the Chez Artiste Theater.  The Chez Artiste used to be called the U-Hills 3 many years ago, but once they started showing art films, the name was changed, even though it still looks much more like a U-Hills 3 than a Chez Artiste.  I must say I liked The Way - a fictionalized account about the pilgrimage starring Martin Sheen -  much better, but enjoyed this film as well, especially the towns and people along the route. I definitely want to do this trek after I retire in another 4 years or so.  I plan to travel to the starting point, Saint Jean Pied de Port, France, and then start the hike as soon as I feel up to it. Of course, that could take years, but what the heck. I'll be retired, and you won't.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment