Tuesday, April 1, 2014

It's Opening Day! Time for Some Voodoo!


Yesterday evening the Colorado Rockies started the 2014 Baseball Season in Miami, Florida.  To celebrate this momentous event, I decided to walk downtown to the Sandlot Brewery, which is attached to Coors Field, and where a big Opening Day party was being held.  Unfortunately, I had to work late, and when I finally walked into the Sandlot (at 8:10 P.M. I might add), I was told that they were "done" and closing up. So much for that party.  In any case, I did get to pass Voodoo Donuts on my walk downtown, which, as usual, was doing a box office business.  And now that I think about it, I am convinced that voodoo is just what the Rockies need if they hope to get to the playoffs.  The Rockies, by the way, lost to Miami 10 to 1. And Miami, I might add, is a major center for Santeria (i.e. voodoo).  A coincidence?  I think not!  Time to sacrifice some chickens, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment