Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Daily Commute


I am settling into life as an urban commuter these days, catching the 7:38 A.M. University Boulevard bus to work every day.  The bus ride is routine and uneventful, and takes all of 20 minutes.  This is in contrast to the Colfax Avenue bus, which Linda - the wife of my friend Wally - refers to as the "rolling asylum."  Although the ride to downtown Denver on the Colfax bus takes only a few minutes from my place of employment, the experience often lasts a lifetime.  I call that getting your money's worth.  And the reason I don't ride the Colfax bus more often is because I need to walk downtown to get my daily exercise.  If it wasn't for that, I would be soaking up all that drama on a daily basis.  Perhaps they should do a reality television series about it called "Survivor - Colfax."

No comments:

Post a Comment