Friday, April 4, 2014

It's Winter Again - What Gives?


Just 24 hours after I blogged about the joys of public transportation, I found myself standing around waiting for the bus during a spring snowstorm.  By now I should be used to April snowstorms here in Denver, but it was still a shock, especially since the Colorado Rockies Home Opener was scheduled for the very next day. The weather forecasters assured everyone that Opening Day would be fine, but they have been wrong before. I still remember sitting in the left field stands one Opening Day in the middle of a snowstorm, watching Rockies outfielder Howard Johnson (HoJo) dropping fly balls left and right.  I don't think he ever recovered from that experience.  HoJo retired from baseball by the end of that month.  Still another victim of Denver's unpredictable weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment