Monday, April 7, 2014

Jerusalem And The Great Beauty - Not One But Two Movie Reviews!


I went to see two movies over the past week, and enjoyed both of them.  Yesterday evening I went to see the IMAX film Jerusalem at the Denver Museum of Natural History, and was very surprised to see that the place was packed for the 5:00 o'clock show.  It was a 3-D movie, and so they handed out these funky glasses when you entered the theater.  I must say, I was impressed with the photography.  It was just like you were walking down the street. Christian, Jews, and Muslims were coming right at you from all directions. It really made me want to drop everything and go visit that fascinating city. And last week, I went to see The Great Beauty at the Sie Film Center, right across from where I work. It won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film this year, and I must say it was very good.  Not only did it have great scenes of Rome, but it also featured a Federico Fellini style look at the Italian Jet Set, which appears to be much different from the Denver Jet Set, of which I consider myself an integral part.  And I could not help but notice that none of those Italian "beautiful people" were driving a classic 1987 Honda Civic Sedan, the car of the true aristocrat.  Obviously all  just pretenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment