Thursday, May 22, 2014

Lunch With Darrel And Chris


I had lunch yesterday afternoon with Darrel and Chris - my former DU Bookstore co-workers - at the Deli Zone near the University of Denver campus.  We had a good lunch and a nice visit, but as we were about to leave, it started raining and hailing heavily.  I volunteered to drive Darrel back to his office and Chris to her parking garage, which turned out to be quite an exciting trip, what with the severe hail pounding the car, the rain coming down in buckets, and the fogged windows making seeing the street difficult.  Plus, my classic 1987 Honda Civic sedan kept stalling out.  However, Darrel and Chris only screamed a couple of times, usually as a DU student unwisely chose to cross the street in front of my car.  In any case, there were no injuries, and so I say the day was a great success, although I doubt Darrel or Chris will ever ride in my car again.

No comments:

Post a Comment