Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Paul Stanley Visits The Tattered Cover!


Paul Stanley of the band KISS visited Denver's Tattered Cover Bookstore on Colfax Avenue yesterday evening to sign books and visit with his fans.  I must admit I had never heard of him before yesterday, but he seems to be extremely popular - the line to see him went from the main floor of the store, down the stairs to the lower level, back up a second set of stairs to the main  floor again, and then across to the opposite side of the store, where Stanley was greeting each fan. Originally he was only going to sign books, and not allow posed photographs, but he wound up arriving early, signing all the books in advance, and then posing for photographs with each and every fan.  That struck me as a pretty nice thing to do.  If I remember correctly, I believe KISS was a polka band back in the early 1980s and that Stanley was the lead accordionist.  He seems like such a nice guy, I will definitely be there for his next polka concert here in Denver.  And by the way, I pride myself on my journalistic accuracy, so if I ever get any little detail wrong, please be sure to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment