Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Pianos Are Back!


The pianos have returned to Denver's 16th Street Mall for another summer!  This is great news for people who like people-watching and free entertainment.  I usually walk down the Mall every day now that I work close to downtown, and am amazed at the variety of people who sit down and start playing tunes.  I am especially impressed at the number of people I would judge to be down on their luck or playing for tips who are actually quite good.  I have to wonder if years ago their mothers realized the piano lessons they forced on their children would some day be used to help them survive.  Perhaps not, but perhaps so.  Now if the various homeless organizations in Denver would open up a bar /restaurant on the 16th Street Mall and hire these guys to play there, maybe part of the homeless problem might be solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment