Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Communist All Star Nesting Dolls From Mark!






I had dinner and beers with my friend Mark (seen in the photograph above) at the Three Lions Pub, a soccer pub (Yes! A soccer pub in Denver!) just down the street from the bookstore where I work.  Mark recounted his adventures cruising the waters between Moscow and St. Petersburg and seeing the sights both in those two cities and everywhere in between.  He returned from Russia just this past week, and tells me that he liked Moscow best, since it feels more Russian than the more European oriented St. Petersburg. Mark very much wants to return to Moscow in August, when for a week or two the temperature rises above zero degrees. Plus, Mark brought me back Communist All-Star Nesting Dolls, with Vladimir Putin featured on the outer doll (see photograph on the left).  How wonderful is that?  I will feature him on the bookcase right next to my Pope Francis Bobble-head Doll.  Talk about a happening kind of knick-knack collection. Thanks for the gift Mark!  Welcome Back!

No comments:

Post a Comment