Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A Walk Downtown Postponed...




I was going to walk downtown to Denver's Union Station from work and then back again yesterday afternoon in order to get a little exercise.  Ever since I stopped working at the Post Office in Highlands Ranch, I have been gaining weight, and need to start taking it off. However, as soon as I got out the door the storm clouds started to form.  It definitely didn't look like the evening for a long walk (as seen in photograph on the left that I took on top of the parking garage).




On the drive home, the rain started, and it came down as hard as I have seen it rain in a while.  I even got an official text message on my phone saying that there were flash flood warnings for the City of Denver, and that we were probably all doomed. By the time I got half way home, the view out of the windshield od my car looked exactly like the photograph on the right (if I turned my windshield wipers off for a second, that is).  Today's driving tip: don't turn off your windshield wipers in a heavy rainstorm.  In any case, I got home safe and sound, and the rain promptly stopped.  Perhaps I'm not meant to exercise anymore.  It would be silly to avoid these obvious signs, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment