Monday, July 18, 2016

Back To Biking!




I was able to do a little bike riding yesterday afternoon for the first time since last year, and really enjoyed it. After work, I walked my bike to the service station to fill up the tires with air, biked through Washington Park, and then through various Denver neighborhoods to Lower Downtown. Denver is a great place to bike, with many bike paths, a city sponsored bike rental program, and lots of cycling events.  The photograph on the left shows the B-cycle station in front of Denver's Union Station.



As I biked downtown, I couldn't help but notice that there are a lot more "McMansions" in my neighborhood these days.  Which means that there are now a lot more rich people here in Denver.  There are also a lot of poor people, too.  After a series of incidents involving homeless people on the 16th Street Mall, police presence has been stepped up, and the homeless driven away.  They now seem to be congregated along the Cherry Creek Bike Path, which I took on my way home.  The ride was a short one - about an hour and a half - but very pleasant.  I got back to Washington Park, close to my condo, just as the sun was setting (see photo at left).  Washington Park, by the way, is where Denver residents by the bucketful are now playing Pokemon A-Go-Go.  You go with that, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment