Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Hail With It!


I went to 730 South on South University Boulevard for a libation or two Friday night (they have the best Happy Hour in town - $5.95 entrees and $3.00 beers) and it started hailing like hell.  As I was leaving the place, I checked my car, and sure enough - hail damage.  This also happened a little over a year ago.  I bought the car in January of 2015 and two months later there was a massive hail storm that really damaged the car.  Since it was brand new, I had it repaired.  As I recall, the damage was over $5,000, and the deductible was no piddling amount, either.  Now it has happened again, but the damage is not as great as before, and the car is after all going on two years old.  My father traded his really nice 1961 Pontiac Catalina when it was only two years old for a brand new 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix.  He had gone into Jim Miller Pontiac, located on Ashland Avenue in the Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago, to replace the cigarette lighter, and came out with the Grand Prix.  It was right around the holidays, and my mother was NOT happy.  It was a grim Christmas.  But I digress.  Denver has more hail than almost any other city in the world.  Is that amazing or what?  If I was driving around in Nairobi or San  Paulo, it would be no problem. But I am convinced that if I have the hail damage fixed again, there would soon be another massive hail storm out there on the horizon with my name on it.  Am I crazy? Don't answer that.

No comments:

Post a Comment