Saturday, July 2, 2016

The First Friday Of July - Already?



I drove over to South Santa Fe Boulevard here in Denver yesterday afternoon after work for the monthly. First Friday Arts Walk  Perhaps it was because I arrived early, before all the hipsters had arrived to liven things up, but the art just didn't "grab" me, or even amuse me,  this time.  Most of it was pretty bad (and I am being kind here), and even the photographs at John Fielder's Gallery were the same as last month.  I still enjoyed looking at the artwork on the walls of the allies however, like the one in the photograph on the left.




I also enjoyed the people watching, too.  Everyone was going up and down the street, walking into and out of the galleries that line the street, although once again, the biggest crowds were in the Renegade Brew Pub at 9th and Santa Fe and around the food trucks across the street.  After all, true artistes have their priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment