Sunday, July 10, 2016

Catching A Sky Sox Game With Mark And Tony


My friend Mark and I drove down to Colorado Springs to meet his friend Tony and watch the Colorado Sky Sox play the Iowa Cubs.  Mark had never attended a minor league baseball game before, and I thought it would be fun to see them play the AAA affiliate of the Chicago Cubs.  On the way down, we drove behind a huge truck with bumper stickers that said "I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy" and "I carry a big gun and have a short temper," which more or less confirms what I have always thought about Colorado Springs. But I digress.  We met Tony (in the photograph above on the left, next to Mark) and thoroughly enjoyed the evening.  The Cubs dominated the game, but that was okay.  It's just the minor leagues, after all.  Minor League baseball is much lower key than the major leagues, and it is actually more fun to attend the games. Plus, the program was free.  What a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment