Thursday, May 25, 2017

Good Neighbors?


When the Washington Park Profile comes out each month, I immediately turn to the University Park News and Views column to find out what's happening in my neighborhood.  I was happy to see that the University of Denver's quarterly Good Neighbors Meeting was going to take place Wednesday, May 24th.  I missed it last time because they moved the meeting to the previous evening, which was a great disappointment.  I want to attend these meetings because DU says it's number one priority is to move the DU Light Rail Station to the corner of University and Buchtel Boulevards, which is where my condo building sits.  Therefore, I requested the night off at my part-time job and showed up yesterday at the appointed time.  I saw on the events sign at the entrance to the Chambers Building that the meeting was to take place in room 160.  I hurried there, and it was empty.  Fooled again.  What is the deal with this?  DU wants to be good neighbors, but they don't seem to want to meet with the neighbors whose neighborhoods they want to take over for their own use.  Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment