Monday, May 29, 2017

Happy Memorial Day!


Like the photograph I use every Easter on this Blog, I always use either a photograph of my ex-wife alone or a variation of the above photograph every Memorial Day because they are the only ones I know for sure were taken on that day, back in the 1980s.  The photo above shows (from left to right) my ex-wife Lisa, my brother-in-in-law George, and George's cousin Richard on one of our annual Memorial Day hikes in Rocky Mountain National Park.  I'm sure my sister Susan was there too, but just didn't want to be in the photograph because of a bad hair day or something.  We would all meet mid-morning in Estes Park, then take one car into the park to a hiking trail.  Then we would hike up the trail through fog and snow until the snow got so deep and the fog so thick that Lisa would start crying and demand to turn around.  Then we would drive back to Estes Park, find a local brewpub, and drink beer.  Those were the days.  Ah, the happy memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment