Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Kickoff To Summer



I am happy to report that there is once again a Memorial Day Weekend Festival on Old South Gaylord Street here in South Denver.  Old South Gaylord, located just a few blocks east of Washington Park, consists of a street of restaurants and locally owned shops that has been a popular gathering spot for the neighbors for years.   For as long as I can remember, they have had a Memorial Day event, but eliminated it a couple of years ago for budgetary reasons.  But now it is back with a new name:  Kickoff to Summer.  Despite the name change, it seems to be the same old festival, thank you very much, which is all right with me.




I took the photographs above and to the right Monday afternoon before I headed up to Fort Collins for a barbecue with my sister Susan and brother-in-law George.  A tremendous downpour took place about an hour before, and the weather still seemed a bit threatening, which I imagine is why attendance was a bit low.  Hopefully they attracted good-sized crowds Saturday and Sunday and the festival will be back next year. Perhaps if they offered nickel beer - I know I would certainly attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment