Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Memorial Day 2017




I drove up to Fort Collins yesterday to spend memorial Day with my sister Susan and brother-in-law George. George doesn't do any hiking anymore, and so he and Susan invited me up to their townhouse for steaks cooked out on the grill instead. Because of my part-time job, I haven't seen either of them since January, so it was good to get together again.   I took the photo on the left of George in action at the grill.   George doesn't mind having his photograph taken, but my sister Susan does.  In fact, she came after me with a knife once when I took a candid photograph of her in her kitchen.







Susan does not want her photograph taken, of course, because she is getting a little older now.  I am too, but I don't mind having my photograph taken ("God knows that's true" is what I imagine regular Blog readers are thinking now).  In any case, she is so against having her photo taken, I decided to instead use a photograph I took of her back in June of 1973 in the patio of our house in the southern Chicago suburb of Country Club Hills.  And I want to publicly state here and now that Susan has not changed a bit since this photograph was taken.  And because of that, I am sure she will be more than happy to let me take her photograph next time.  Right?  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment