Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!






Today is Mother's Day, and in honor of that I am featuring one of my favorite photographs of my mother Mary.  I remember exactly when I took this photograph.  I used to visit my mother down in Stuart, Forida almost every August, when the weather was hot and humid and the town was pretty mellow.  My mother loved to go to a restaurant called The Prawnbroker on Friday nights, and sit in one of the booths in the bar, where all the action took place that time of year.  Afterwards we would drive to The House of Refuge, an historical site on the beach, and just enjoy the pleasant evening, which is where I took this photograph.  It was a wonderful time, and I only wish my mother was still around to do it all again.  Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment