Wednesday, May 10, 2017

More Hatch's Bookstore (Or Wedding) Nostalgia



I featured a photograph yesterday taken at the wedding of Ingrid, who worked for me at the long gone Hatch's Bookstore many years ago.  And so I felt I would be remiss if I didn't also feature a photograph or two of my friend Robins's wedding, which took place in Cripple Creek, Colorado at the ranch her family homesteaded.  The photograph on the left is of my ex-wife Lisa (on the left) and Robin, taken at the ranch.  Not only did Lisa and I get divorced, but so did Robin and her husband Tom after having two children, Caitlin and Colin. But at the time we were all happy and had a fun time at the ranch.


My sister was also a Hatch employee, and she and my brother-in-law George and Lisa and I drove up to the ranch together.  In  the photograph on the right are (from left to right) my sister Susan, brother-in-law George, and ex-wife Lisa, standing in front of the original ranch house.  As I recall, it was very pretty country, and afterwards we drove into Cripple Creek to check out the town.  It was very quaint, filled with Victorian architecture.  This was before gambling was legalized in that city, and I haven't been back since.  Hopefully it hasn't changed for the worst, like Central City and Black Hawk, two towns just west of Denver that today are mere caricatures of themselves after legalizing gambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment