Thursday, July 4, 2019

Happy 4th Of July!







Happy 4th of July Everyone! In honor of this occasion, I am featuring a photograph of my mother Mary taken in Fort Collins in June of 2003.  She was up here from Stuart, Florida, visiting my sister Susan, brother-in-law George, and me, escaping the summer heat down there. Today marks 244 years since the Declaration of Independence, not really that remarkable an anniversary - not like the 200th one back in 1976.  That was the year my parents (Nelson and Mary) moved to Stuart from Chicago.  I myself had just rented a studio apartment in Forest Park, near the end of the "L" line, and took it that day to see the tall ships at Chicago's Navy Pier.  I am not sure where they came from, but they were indeed fun to see. Sadly, you don't see tall ships that much any more, especially here in Denver. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment