Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Just When You Thought it Couldn't Get Any Weirder...



Yes!  I am indeed talking about Boulder, Colorado.  As I mentioned in yesterday's blog post, Boulder is often referred to as "25 square miles surrounded by reality."  It is dramatically situated at the foot of the Flatirons, and is surrounded by green space on the other three sides, isolating it from the rest of the Denver metropolitan area and also driving up the cost of real estate to prohibitive levels (at least for me). Boulder is also know as "the People's Republic of Boulder," a reference to it's liberal attitudes.  Plus, it is home to the University of Colorado, giving it an energetic, college town vibe.  This, combined with all the free spirits attracted to the place, make it a people-watcher's paradise. Sunday afternoon, my sister Susan uttered the phrase "just when you thought it couldn't get any weirder," as we walked along Pearl Street.  I myself did not see anything unusual at all. I don't want to even think about what that says about me.  In any case, I took the above photograph of the Pearl Street Mall this past Sunday.  Nothing too weird - I have found that when you take photos of weird people, they tend to get touchy.  The photograph does show a woman wearing butterfly wings doing face painting, and what appears to be a poster with feet walking down the street, but nothing really strange. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment