Wednesday, July 3, 2019

The Zoo In Early Summer - Part II




As I mentioned in yesterday's blog post, I went to the Denver Zoo this past Saturday afternoon to take a few photographs, and actually wound up capturing a few of the more elusive animals, like the clouded leopard, seen in the photograph on the left.  I check the compound of this creature every time I visit the zoo, but never see him (or her, as the case might be).  Finally, this time I spotted it in the shadows, by the water bowl, which makes sense since it was sunny and in the 90s.  It did not seem happy about me taking his or her portrait, however.  I got the feeling it wanted to rip my face off, but maybe I am just overly sensitive.




The mandrill in the photograph on the right seems much more neutral about my presence. He was out for just a few minutes, checking out the scene, before going back in his den.  His mate has just had a baby, and she came outside, with the baby clinging to her, for like 5 seconds.  By the time I got my camera up to take a photograph, she was gone. The zoo web site suggests getting to the zoo first thing in the morning to get a photograph of them. Perhaps one of these days I will actually do that, and hopefully have a mandrill kind of morning.  Do they serve a complimentary breakfast there?

No comments:

Post a Comment