Saturday, March 7, 2020

Celebrating The Month Of Printmaking On First Friday




I headed over to the Santa Fe Arts District here in Denver last night for the First Friday Art Walk.  March is The Month of Printmaking, and one of the first people I ran into was Joe, my friend and former University of Denver Bookstore co-worker.  Joe still works part-time at the DU Bookstore, is an artist, and teaches printmaking at the Art Students League of Denver.  Last night he was displaying his artwork at the Knoll Gallery, as seen in the photo on the left.  Joe's art was also on display at the Center for Visual Art, just up the street.  Joe tells me he has been working pretty hard to get ready for these shows, but happily things are now slowing down a bit for him.  Be sure to check out Joe's website at https://www.joehigginsmonotypes.com/.




Carol - who is also a printmaker and my former co-worker at the DU Bookstore - was displaying her artwork last night at the Artists on Santa Fe Gallery.  I stopped in to visit her, too, and ran into her husband Greg (seen in the photo on the right), who was subbing for Carol at the gallery, since she wasn't feeling well (and I am pretty sure that the woman hiding behind the potted plant in the back was NOT Carol).  I haven't seen Greg in a while, and it turns out he is the engineer for a new building under construction at DU, keeping that DU connection alive.  Check out Carol's website at http://www.caroltill.com/index.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment