Thursday, March 26, 2020

Opening Day Has Been Postponed - Bring On The Camel Races!



Today should have been the opening day of the major league baseball season, but due to the coronavirus, the start of the season has been postponed for at least a month, and probably much longer.  The last time major league baseball was delayed this long was during the players strike from August of 1994 until April of 1995.  During that time, whenever I went out for burgers and beers with my friend Stuart, the televisions in the sports bars were filled with very weird sports, the most memorable being camel races.  And I say that during these desperate times, the sports networks should resume televising camel races to entertain everyone sheltering in place.  In the spirit of this, I am posting a famous photograph of myself riding a jaunty camel years ago when I visited Cairo and the pyramids.  Granted, I did not participate in any races, but I certainly could have. I was that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment