Sunday, March 8, 2020

The University Of Denver's Community Commons



I took the above photograph the other day of the University of Denver's new Community Commons building, currently under construction.  When I first started working at the University of Denver Bookstore, the Driscoll Center, including the building where the construction is now taking place, had just opened.  The bookstore moved into a remodeled building on the south side of the street, connected to the north building by a pedestrian bridge over the street.  I spent almost 30 years there working as the Finance Manager of the store, until the university outsourced it to Follett Higher Education Group back in 2012.  I  must say, outsourcing the store certainly made for what I will call an "interesting" 7 years before I became eligible for social security.  My fellow DU Bookstore employees have also had their trials and tribulations, thanks to that outsourcing.  But are we at all bitter?  Nah.  And will we all be there for the opening of the new building?  Of course we will - there will be free food.  You have to keep your priorities straight, after all.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment