Thursday, April 8, 2021

Alley Art


Denver has lots of murals on buildings across the city, especially in the River North (RINO) neighborhood. RINO is a former industrial neighborhood that became an arts district after art galleries were  priced out of Lower Downtown (LoDo). It soon filled up with brewpubs, bars and restaurants, as well as many new, pricey apartment buildings. I am not sure there are many art galleries left, but virtually every structure has murals painted on it. I suspect zoning rules must require it now. However, there are murals on buildings in many other neighborhoods, too, including on the side of Kaladi Coffee Roasters, on East Evans Avenue, just to the west of the University of Denver, and seen in the above photograph. This particular mural I like, although I must admit that some of the ones in RINO might have been painted by space aliens. I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment