Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Late April At The Zoo Part II



As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I went to the Denver Zoo this past Friday afternoon to take a few photographs, and all of the animals were out and about, enjoying the day, including the female orangutan in the photograph on the left. Whenever I see her, she is wearing a blanket over her head. Since it was not that cool outside, I assume she was just trying to make some kind of fashion statement. Perhaps a zoo intern could be sent into the compound to dress her in different outfits each day. I suspect zoo visitors would find watching that intern trying to do this quite amusing. Plus, the orangutan might find a regular change of clothing very refreshing.




The large male orangutan in the photo on the right does not know what to make of all this, and seems to be pondering the meaning of it all. And I have to add here and now that on most of my visits to the Denver Zoo lately, the ape house has been closed to the public. I am not sure what they are hiding, but I suspect they are definitely hiding something. Write your congressman and senators today.




I am not sure what kind of primate has been captured in the photograph on the left, but it definitely has one long tail. Happily, it was willing to pose for me and look straight into the camera. I have concluded that the best time to take photographs of zoo animals is on a crisp spring afternoon. During the winter, they prefer to stay indoors and watch television, and during the hot summer months, they tend to sleep in the shade, which does not make for good photography. And the Denver Zoo still refuses to send interns into the compounds to poke those animals with a stick, and get them moving around a bit. What a pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment