Sunday, April 4, 2021

Happy Easter!


Happy Easter Everyone! And yes - I am indeed using the same picture that I use every Easter. It is the only photograph I know for sure was taken on Easter Sunday. It is of me on the back porch of our home in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago, when I was at my most charming best. Back then our family celebrated every Easter morning with an Easter egg hunt. My sister Susan tells me that since our father Nelson was the one who hid them, he usually wound up finding the most chocolate eggs during the hunt. He would put them in a circle on the smoking stand by his chair, and eat them one by one as he read his library books. I myself don't remember those particular details, but it does seem to be a bit of an unfair advantage. But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment