Wednesday, April 28, 2021

More Thoughts On Rome


Last Wednesday was Natale di Roma - Rome's City Birthday Celebration - and I did a blog post featuring Rome's Colosseum, where many of the festivities, in non-pandemic times, take place. I just love that city, and so decided to keep the celebration going by featuring a photograph of the rooftops of Rome that I took from the top of Hotel Smeraldo, where back in 2019 my sister Susan and I were staying, just around the corner from Campo de' Fiori. It is a wonderful part of the city, and I often wonder what it would be like to live in one of those apartments, seen in the above photo, enjoy on a daily basis all that Rome has to offer, and take part in la passeggiata, the traditional evening walk. It is fun to daydream about it, especially since the EU is allowing fully vaccinated US citizens into Europe this summer. And just when will they be offering those 1 euro homes for sale I hear so much about in Rome, instead of just the hinterlands?

No comments:

Post a Comment