Friday, November 26, 2021

A Portrait Of Susan


As you can tell from yesterday's blog post, my sister Susan was happy to have her photograph taken back when she was younger. Now that she is older, she just hates it when I aim my camera at her, and it is very rare that I can get a photo of her when she is actually looking at me. I was lucky enough to get the photograph above while we were sitting by the fire pit on the patio of the Odell Brewing Company, up in Fort Collins, a few days ago. She does not look happy, but a photograph is still a photograph. Many people - especially women - feel the same way about getting photographed when they are older. Years ago, that was not the case, the proof of which is all the photos I have of my family members from over the years, many of which I have posted on this blog. One has to wonder what is wrong with our society today, that such a negative attitude toward aging is so prevalent. And as regular blog readers know, I always have lots of questions, but very few answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment