Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving!


Today is, of course, Thanksgiving, one of two days during the year I find myself cooking a turkey dinner. Practice makes perfect, and so hopefully one day my Thanksgiving dinners will be as good as the ones my mother Mary and father Nelson used to host each year. Back then, they would invite both sets of grandparents, my Uncle Jack and Aunt Helen, and lots of other relatives to the feast. These days, it is usually just my sister Susan, myself, and perhaps a friend or two. The photograph above was taken at Susan and her husband George's townhouse in Fort Collins back in 1998. From left to right are my mother Mary, brother-in-law George, and Susan. It wasn't taken on Thanksgiving, but I have very few photos that were actually taken on that holiday, and I have been using the same ones over and over again each year on this blog. And so time for a change. Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment