Friday, November 19, 2021

It's November! Finally Time To Read That October Issue Of Chicago!


When the November Chicago Magazine showed up in my mailbox, I suddenly realized that I had not yet read the October issue, which was still sitting on my dining room table. I picked it up, thinking that I would quickly peruse it and move on to November, but was pleasantly surprised to find that there were a lot of interesting articles to read. There was one piece about the damage the rising levels of Lake Michigan is causing to apartments, condos, and homes in the Rogers Park and South Shore neighborhoods, and what was being done about it. There was also a feature article marking the 150th anniversary of the Chicago Fire, which my Great Grandfather Charles St. Pierre watched from the safety of Chicago's South Side. Next, there was an article about White Sox television broadcaster Jason Benetti, the South Suburban Homewood-Flossmoor High School graduate, who overcame cerebral palsy to become a major sports broadcasting figure. And, of course, there were lots of ads for very pricey high rise apartments and condos (some over 100 stories) on Michigan Avenue and along the lakefront. Lots to read indeed. I have to wonder if I will ever get to the November issue. Eventually, of course. Which can mean between now and the end of time, to put it all in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment