Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Tuk Tuk Tales


Whenever I visit the Denver Zoo, I pass by the old tuk tuk there, as seen - along with me - in the photograph above. That tuk tuk has seen better days, of course, not least because thousands of children love to play on it. These are motorized vehicles that serve as taxis, mostly in Asian countries, but surprisingly enough, there is a company that has started running a fleet of tuk tuks in Denver. They are actually made here in Denver, are all electric, seat up to 6 people, and instead of a taxi, are used for tours. Their website touts city tours, pub crawls, cocktail crawls, and even ghost tours. They can also be rented out for special events such as weddings. I remember that in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, a movie set in India, the retirees taking a tuk tuk to the hotel they were planning to live at were scared out of their minds by the high speed trip through those crowded streets. However, to me, that ride looked like a lot of fun. Perhaps I should apply to be a driver. In any case, be sure to check out the website for eTuk Ride Denver at https://etukride.com/denver/about-us/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment