Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Enjoying A Fall Walk Across The DU Campus




I took a walk across the University of Denver campus the other day. As regular blog readers know, I worked as the Finance Manager of the University of Denver Bookstore for 28 years, until the university outsourced the store to Follett Higher Education Group, and laid everyone off. Follett agreed to keep all staff members employed at the store for at least one year, and after that laid everyone off who was actually making a living wage. Despite that, since I continue to live across the street from DU, I still like to stroll the campus, especially during the fall, when it is especially beautiful.





DU is a private institution, and tuition there runs $50,000 per year, the same as Harvard University. It once (and possibly still does) refer to itself as the "Harvard of the West." My friend and former DU Bookstore co-worker Wally likes to say that he will refer to DU as the "Harvard of the West" when Harvard refers to itself as the "'DU of the East." Does it sound like they take themselves a little too seriously at DU? Certainly not to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment