Monday, June 6, 2022

The Park Hill Art Festival


My sister Susan and I, along with her dog Blackberry, walked around the Park Hill Art Festival yesterday afternoon, which took place in Denver's South Park Hill neighborhood. It was a pretty mellow and modest event, more like a local fair than a city-wide affair, but it did have a lot of nice art on display. There was a statue that Susan liked very much, although when I told her the price was $15,000, she decided to pass on it. The website for the festival said that well-behaved dogs were welcome, but we decided to bring along Blackberry anyway. The much larger Denver Arts Festival took place this past Memorial Day weekend in Denver's Central Park neighborhood, but their website stated that you should leave your dog at home. I suspect they haven't realized that dog owners are also big art lovers, with fat wallets. Dog owners have to have fat wallets to afford all those vet bills. In fact, I think I saw a couple with a long-haired Pekingese forking over the $15,000 for that statue. In cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment