Thursday, June 30, 2022

Celebrating Stuart's Birthday At Old Chicago


My friend Stuart - seen in the photograph above - and I celebrated his birthday at the Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom in beautiful but incredibly boring Lakewood, Colorado yesterday afternoon. I would not be so presumptuous as to mention Stuart's age - I will simply say that he is OLD. Stuart and I discussed a number of topics, ranging from baseball to the January 6th hearings. Stuart is originally from the North Side of Chicago, and a Chicago Cubs fan. The Cubs are currently 17 games under .500, and even Stuart acknowledges that they stink. I am originally from the South Side of Chicago, and a White Sox fan. The White Sox have been beset by injuries, but are still only 4 games under .500, and I for one hope they can still make a run for the playoffs once all their injured players return. As for the January 6th hearings, both of us wonder how there can still be Trump fans after the revelations about his attempt to overthrow a free and fair election. There very well could be over 70 million of them, which is very very scary indeed. Even scarier than living in a suburb like Lakewood.

No comments:

Post a Comment